Huge S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 leak: screenshots, world map, gameplay, anomalies, storyline and character details2023-03-16 16:49:00
Russian group released over 16 Gb of the leaked S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 files. They contain information on almost every game aspect, from plot hooks to characters, including screenshots and videos of testing, information on the gameplay, and many more. Here is the summary of the leak.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 leak contains
- World map with every location and many map markers.
- Design concepts, art books, concepts, etc.
- A "minimal" information on future DLCs and their locations.
- Description of story-related items (detectors and containers) and cut scenes.
- Main story key points, including the first appearance and death of the key characters.
- Details of world design.
- Evidence that development used the concepts for the abandoned S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 from 2011. It is related not only to the anomalies but also to the story.
- Development progress tests, such as particles, animations, etc.
- Materials that reveal the various stages of development.
The group warned about multiple spoilers which are impossible to miss when studying the leaked files. They also claim that the leak is fresh. Earlier the same group shared some info about the first female character in the world of the game, who will appear in the main storyline "multiple times".
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 release is planned for 2023. The game will be available on Xbox Game Pass from day 1. It is expected that it will come out in the fourth quarter. In other words, no earlier than October.