Milio build guide: skill order, best runes, items to buy. How to play Milio, next League of Legends champion
At the end of March League of Legends will receive a new support named Milio, who will use fire to heal. This champion will be the first male in his class, and will compete with Nami, Soraka, Lulu, and others. In this guide we will figure out how to play Milio, what items to buy, and which runes to choose.
Unlike most of the latest champions, Milio's mechanics are very straight-forward. It’s a really good fit for a support.
Passive – Fired Up!
- Milio's abilities enchant allies on touch, making their next damage deal a burst of extra damage and burn the target.
- This is one of the most important abilities of Milio. Try to use all your spells while being next to the teammate or behind him.
Q – Ultra Mega Fire Kick
- Milio kicks a ball that knocks back an enemy. The ball launches upward on hit and falls toward the enemy, damaging and slowing enemies in the area upon impact. If an enemy champion is not in range, you can always toss the ball onto a minion, knocking it back a distance to hit an enemy.
- This is a regular skillshot, good for harassing on the lane. But it can also help to catch an enemy or stop his initiation. The skill buffs a teammate, so try to use it in such a way that it touches one of your team champions.
W - Cozy Campfire
- Create an empowering zone that heals allies and increases Attack Range for those inside. The zone follows the ally nearest to the cast point.
- This ability doesn’t give you much heal, but its main benefit is range buff. Since it gives a % increase, carries with high attack range, like Jinx or Caitlyn, will be the best buddies with Milio. For example, those two will be able to attack the turret without getting into its attack radius.
E - Warm Hugs
- Milio tosses a shield to an ally, temporarily increasing their movement speed. It has two charges, and their effect stacks.
- This is the main skill of Milio to buff his teammates. It will help both in fights and during chases or escapes.
R - Breath of Life
- Milio unleashes a wave of soothing flames that heal, increase tenacity and remove crowd control effects from allies in range.
- This ability looks very strong, but we should consider one aspect of it. This ability will remove all crowd control effects from all teammates, but not from Milio himself, so you should be careful and not get caught. And vice versa, Milio is important to focus when playing against him.
Milio build skill order
First you should max E. The skill’s cooldown gets significantly reduced as you level it up, which will help on the lane a lot. The next to max is W, which has a giant cooldown, but it will be reduced a bit as you put points in it. The ultimate is above all else, as usual, and Q has the lowest priority.
Best runes for Milio
There are two ways to setup runes for Milio. The first is build with Summon Aery, which will help you deal a bit more damage, while the setup with Guardian will make your healing a bit stronger. In each build you can replace armor rune with adaptive force, or pick additional armor instead of health.
Best items builds for Milio
For mythic artifacts there are three options: Locket of the Iron Solari, Shyrelia's Battlesong, and Moonstone Renewer. The rest of the options among legendaries are pretty much equal. Instead of Ardent Censer and Chemtech Putrifier, you can pick Staff of Flowing Water, Mikael's Blessing, Knight's Vow or Zeke's Convergence.
Since Milio doesn't have much in terms of defense, it's best to use against him tanky supports with decent amount of damage: Nautilus, Leona, Alistar, Thresh all work well. Add to them a carry with a lot of range, like Caitlyn, Jinx, Ashe or Tristana, to not get caught in his W.