How to kill Tormentors in Dota 2? Guide to new mini-bosses of patch 7.33
Dmitrii Barabanov 2023-04-21 10:13:00
One of the patch 7.33 innovations in Dota 2 are Tormentors. The new buildings are equipped with megashields and reflect damage. We've built a guide to these mini-bosses, how to kill them and get the Aghanim's Shards.
Who (or what) are Tormentors?
Tormentors are the new mini-bosses in Dota 2 that grant Aghanim's Shards if you slay them. They spawn near the offlanes at 20:00. Keep in Roshan no longer provides the Shard.
- Tormentor has 1 Health, 20 Armor, 55% Magic Resistance and a 2500 Damage Barrier which regenerates at 100 HP/s. Bounty: 250 gold.
- Tormentors don't attack or move, but they reflect 70% of damage received evenly among all heroes within 1200 radius. All reflected damage is dealt as Magical. Deals 200% damage to Illusions.
- If all heroes have an Aghanim's Shard, then destroying a Tormentor gives 280 gold and 280 experience to each hero.
- Tormentors respawn in 10 minutes after their defeat, each time increasing their barrier regen by 100 HP/s and damage reflection by 20%.
Defeated Tormentor grants an Aghanim's Shard buff to one of the allied heroes with the lowest networth unless he has already obtained it. Note that this action is automatic; you can't pick the item from the ground. If every player has the Shard, all the characters get 280 XP and 280 Gold rewards.
How does new Dota Glicko matchmaking works? What is Rank Confidence and what happens to MMR after patch 7.33
MMR is just a number.
How to deal with Tormentors?
- Keep in mind that Tormentors reflect 70% of the incoming damage. Killing them solo is not an easy task, so the best approach is to attack the mini-boss with several teammates.
- The reflected damage is always magical. That's why items with Magical Resistance will be a great help: Eternal Shroud, Pipe of Insight, or neutral items like Occult Bracelet.
- Tormentors have 20 armor. Get the Medallion of Courage or a hero with armour-reducing abilities to fight them effectively.
- To kill Tormentor fast, the best heroes are those with high damage and good Magic Resistance. Ursa or Huskar are good characters to deal with the mini-bosses.
Biggest bugs and abuses of Dota 2 patch 7.33
As usual, big patches come with big bugs.