The Candyworks guide 2022 Battle Pass TI11. How to get Arcana, ways to earn candy and rerolls
On November 3 Valve added The Candyworks shop to Dota 2. It was released together with the second part of the Battle Pass. Let's figure out how the whole thing works and how to get the Arcana out of it.
First, the overall system. You have three options in the shop to spend candy on. For each type of the reward you need a certain amount of candy pieces, but the types of candy can be different each time. Every week you can earn 4 free random candy pieces, but Battle Pass levels can increase the limit. If you miss some type of candy, you can do the trade, but you have to be mindful of few things.
- Obviously, you get more value if you don't trade your candy at all. So don't do it before earning free pieces, and only trade if you need it to complete a specific item.
- Weekly trade recipes are more valuable than custom ones. With custom ones, you get 1 piece for 3. Weekly recipes give you 3 for 4, 4 for 4, 2 for 3, 2 for 2, or 1 for 2.
- The rarity of candy type isn't that obvious yet. Some people claim that blue and greens are the most rare, but your mileage may vary.
You also have limited storage space, and you start with 20. The more space is given as a reward for Battle Pass levels.
How to earn candy and rerolls for Candyworks
There are three ways. First, you get it as a reward for Battle Pass levels. Second, you can recycle treasures for candy. And the final one, you get them for playing games. You don't get whole pieces, there is a gradual progress bar, and the progress depends on the game mode and the result. You get less while playing Turbo or Diretide and losing, and more if you win, especially in normal or ranked game modes.
- Turbo or Diretide loss — 10%
- Turbo or Diretide win — 20%
- Normal or Ranked loss — 20%
- Normal or Ranked win — 40%
Overall, in best/worst cases you get all candy after winning 13 or losing 25 normal or ranked matches. For Turbo or Diretide the number is doubled.
Finally, to get new offers you need rerolls. You get one for winning in any game mode, not just Diretide. You get 10 of them per week.
How to get Arcana in Candyworks
So, what's the best way to get an Arcana, if you don't care about anything else? To buy Arcana, you need 16 candy pieces, so it's not that hard to buy one if you will find it. But to roll it, you need to max out everything avaliable to you.
Get your 10 rerolls every week, with starting 8 that will be 118 rerolls until the end of Battle Pass. Rolling them is the most important part, and it's more important than actually earning candy until you find the Arcana.
Another important thing is buying every Diretide related item: 3 couriers, a Warlock set, Roshan skin, and a ward. The system spawns them very often, and you can't get duplicates. So by buying everything from that category you will remove it from spawning, increasing the chances of getting good stuff. But you might need to use recycling to get enough candy in that case, so think about the maximum amount of candy you can theoretically get. If it's not very high, it's better to just reroll.
Be very careful with your candy storage, as if you will fill all slots, you won't be able to use weekly trades that give less candy than they use. Don't waste candy types that you lack on bad items. And it's kinda ok to spend the abundant types to free up space, if you have it that bad.
What Arcanas are in Candyworks
- Blades of Voth Domosh (Legion Commander)
- Demon Eater (Shadow Fiend)
- Fiery Soul of the Slayer (Lina)
- Fractal Horns of Inner Abysm (Terrorblade)
- Frost Avalanche Bundle (Crystal Maiden)
- Manifold Paradox Bundle (Phanton Assassin)
- Swine of the Sunken Galley Bundle (Techies)
- Tempest Helm of the Thundergod (Zeus)
- Flockheart's Gamble Bundle (Ogre Magi)
- The Magus Cypher Bundle (Rubick)
- Feast of Abscession Bundle (Pudge)
- Great Sage's Reckoning Bundle (Monkey King)
- Bladeform Legacy Bundle (Juggernaut)