Valve resets CS:GO ranks during matchmaking overhaul, players report shifts from Nova to Global2022-08-02 09:28:00
Valve changed the calibration system for competitive matchmaking in CS:GO. They reset worldwide player ranks to fit their new algorithm. To get a new one, you need to win one competitive match.
Competitive Skill Groups are undergoing some recalibration.
Typically when we ship changes to CS:GO’s matchmaking system, the adjustments are small enough that we don’t include them in our release notes. However, today’s update affects all CS:GO players so it requires some explanation.
When you launch CS:GO, you’ll notice that your Skill Group is not displayed – you’ll have to win one more match to reveal your Skill Group. Most of you will notice a change to your Skill Group, but some of you may find that you were already in the right place.
So jump into a match, or two, or however many it takes for your next win!
Also, for those of you still interested, it’s the last week to purchase Antwerp 2022 Stickers – they are available in the store until August 8th.
The update caused some dramatic shifts, as some players revealed they climbed from Nova ranks to Supreme or Global in a span of one or two matches.
Full Patch Note (18.01.2022)
- Multiple changes to the competitive matchmaking algorithm, which will require Skill Groups to be recalibrated for accuracy. Your Skill Group will not be visible until you win your next match.
- Game instructor should now correctly reload saved state if it is disabled and re-enabled.
- Game instructor floating hints are disabled in competitive matches.
- Changes to Cannons:
- Altered the angle that the North cannon faces
- Cannons can now be aimed upwards, and is now 2x faster
- Now have 3 firing speeds (change with mouse2)
- Reduced inaccuracy multiplier
- Killfeed now shows weapon icon
- Produce a beefy screen shake and more particle effects
- Base model now also rotates
- Added damage falloff to cannonballs after their initial collision
- Fixed being able to bumpmine away from cannon and keep control
- Fixed cannons continuing to turn when no longer in use
- Added bus to bus stop outside Industry